(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Friday, March 25, 2016

Photo Friday: Hidden Local History

original post: http://karenjcarlisle.com/2016/03/25/photo-friday-hidden-local-history/

I'm on a local history research kick at the moment. It started with my tour along Pine Park and Linear Park for A Trail of Tales - which inspired my short story, Hunted.  A few weeks back another opportunity popped up - the Tea Tree Gully Historical Society and Tea Tree Gully Library organised a tour of historical buildings in the area - some now privately owned and rarely seen.
Here is just a taste of the historic architecture and beautiful scenery that accompanied the wealth of local knowledge discovered about the area.
Brightlands brightlandstop_copyright2016KarenCarlisle 
brightlandstop_copyright2016KarenCarlisleoutdoorkitchenpaving brightlandstop_copyright2016KarenCarlisletractor druminor druminorcellar stairsup_copyright2016KarenCarlisle GlenEwin_copyright2016KarenCarlislecellar3 TTGMuseum_copyright2016KarenCarlislefront TTGMuseum_copyright2016KarenCarlislePO TTGMuseum_copyright2016KarenCarlislePOmistressroom
It is amazing so many South Australian (and Australian) firsts happened within my local area. It's prompted me to dig out a box of notes I have for Australian steampunk stories. Now I've experienced the sights and sounds of local settlers to follow up indigenous history of the area, there are several ideas churning in my brain.
I'm inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment