(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, January 20, 2019

New Year. New Challenges. New Goals.

Goal #1: Getting Noticed 


This year I’m concentrating on getting my name out there… People can’t read my books if they don’t know they exist! As an indie author I have to do all my own marketing, advertising and wangling to get my name seen.  And the best way of doing this is ‘word of mouth’, reviews and recommendations.


What you can do to help:


1. Ask your library if they have my books.

South Australia: All my paperbacks are in the One Card system in South Australia. Libraries can order ebooks as well, if you recommend them. Go to their listing page and recommend they buy a copy!


Outside SA: just ask your library if they can order in my books (via Ingram Spark distribution).


2. BOOKTOPIA FAVOURITE AUSSIE AUTHOR POLL IS BACK!

Feel free to nominate me as your favourite Australian author on the Booktopia annual poll, 2019.  Here’s how:



  • Fill in the form on the Booktopia page (one point for nomination),

  • buy one of my books (for five points towards nomination). If you live in Australia, you can also enter their competition when you do so!


The top 50 authors will go into the poll!


3. Feel free to Share:

Worldwide: Tell others about me, Viola and Aunt Enid. It’s simple. Here’s a few other ways to share the love:



  • invite me to write a guest blog post for your blog (or mention me in a blog post)

  • tag me on social media:

    twitter: @kjcarlisle FB: @Karen J Carlisle  Instagram: @karenjcarlisle

  • write an honest review on Amazon, Smashwords, Goodreads (authors love reviews. They make our day!)

  • recommend my books to a friend. (Or buy one as a birthday present!)

  • Share my webpage www.karenjcarlisle.com


Even the smallest thing can help to spread the word.


Meet me in person: Upcoming events so far.

I’ve started to fill up my event schedule for 2019. (Patreon supporters will have the opportunity to collect certain higher level rewards at these times.) So far I’ve confirmed:




  • February: Steampunk Hands Across the World. Theme: ‘This is me.’

  • 30 May – 3rd June: I’m going on a trip. Watch this space!

  • 1-3 November: Adelaide Supanova. Come and find me in the Indie Press Zone of the Artist Alley. I’ll have the first of a new book series (Department of Curiosities), as well as Aunt Enid Mysteries and Viola Stewart books, mugs and badges.


I’m also working out costings for another interstate event later in the year, so watch this space!




New Year. New Challenges. New Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment