(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, May 4, 2014

May is Zombie Awareness Month

Are you a zombiophile (is that a word?) Did you know that May is Zombie Awareness Month? The first zombie movie I watched was Night of the Living Dead. When it comes to horror, I was more of a vampire-girl myself. They are better dressers – as long as they do not sparkle.


Many of my friends are big zombie fans. The genre digs into our imaginations and deep seated fears (and our brains). Several attend the annual Zombie Walk.  One of my friends helped organise the Adelaide Zombie Walk until she moved interstate. The fun fundraiser encourages  you to bring tins of food which is then donated Foodbank SA.


Speaking of food, there is even a book –  A Zombie Ate my Cupcake .


Goodreads is hosting a forum and blog giveaways for Zombie Awareness Month. (ZAM) They list the best zombie books in various genres – including YA and Romance. I recommend Pride, Prejudice and Zombies. (that is about as gorey as I like my zombies.)


Last year, I posted one of my writing exercises which resulted in a fun story about zombies:  Zombies Kitty versus the Zombies.


You can read more about Zombie Awareness Week  the Zombie Research Society Page = http://zombieresearchsociety.com/zombie-awareness


ZAWeek


Thanks to The Zombie Research Society’s FB page for this pic.


(and May the 4th be with you!)



May is Zombie Awareness Month

No comments:

Post a Comment