(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Change of Location

original post: http://karencarlisle.purplefiles.net/2015/08/19/a-change-of-location/

Another few chapters down. Our heroes have left the (relative) safety of the Department of Curiosities and are currently in dirigible-flight to far flung destinations but, sadly,  not to our heroine's country of choice.
So now I get to have some fun filling in the 'to do' notes.
Research is fun, especially when I get to go sightseeing, take photos and visit the library. Over the past month, I have been surveying the city for inspiration. Adelaide was founded in 1836 and has many surviving examples (or facades)  of 18th century buildings and houses.  My local library also has books with original photography of the early Adelaide settlement. Be still my beating heart!
Cue research photos:
Firstly Port Adelaide.
DSC_4592 DSC_3677
Historical buildings in North Adelaide:
DSC_3720 DSC_3726
north adelaide historic buildings
And the CBD:
 DSC_2453 DSC_2997
DSC_2998DSC_3190 DSC_3077
Now our heroes just have to return to land!
Photos (c)2015 Karen Carlisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment