(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thank you Mr Wells & Jeff Wayne


Last night a group of like-minded friends, and I Steampunk'd it up for a showing of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds: The New Generation (Live!) at the local cinema. I have always loved this musical version of HG Wells' wonderful book. (I have it on LP and on CD.) It has been updated with new musicians, singers and narrator (Liam Neeson). It was totally awesome!

Here is a taste of what we saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xBw9uEcYSm4

I first fell in love with the notion of steampunk in the early to mid-2000's with my first oufit being worn to a Costume Ball. Since then we have been collecting bits and bobs for varying outfits for varying events.

We could not miss the opportunity of attending War of the Worlds in steampunk attire, could we?

Traditionally, the group does a photo shoot before (and sometimes after as well). Yes, there is a serious lack of guns; we tend not to need weaponry for public outings to the cinema!

Here are just  a few photos for you!



 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment