(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What Doesn't Kill Me...

What a blah start to the week. My plans were simple; attend my day job, return home, do some writing. Ah, how easy it is for things to go awry. I woke feeling nauseated. My inner ear felt swollen and my throat was dry. Allergies pretty much suck. I dragged myself out of bed and got driven to work (with the vertigo that had ensued, it was probably not entirely safe to drive) and smiled weakly as I entered.


I wasn’t fooling anyone. The more I moved, the greater the nausea and vertigo became. I lasted until lunch time when my Dear Heart (hubby) collected me – a shoulder to lean on as I tried to remain upright on the way to the car.


Maybe I could still manage to write something? I spent the day fighting a cracking headache, either sitting or lying as still as possible. I watched some Big Bang Theory to cheer myself up. After several aborted attempts, I have finally managed to write something, as I did not want to disappoint you, Dear Reader.


I will survive. (yes, I have had it checked out with physicians.) As there is nothing to be done but have patience and Stematil, I try to look on these episodes as an opportunity. These bouts of vertigo remind me to slow down and think of how blessed I really am. I am alive. I have talents. I have a wonderful family…

and I have another experienced to draw on when penning my prose.



What Doesn't Kill Me...

No comments:

Post a Comment