(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Monday, June 10, 2013

Books, Gardening and Octoarm jewelry

Monday was the Queen's birthday public holiday here. After half a day of clearing the garden, digging holes and preparing the soil, I dug up some self-seeded french lavender and transplanted three of them into  the existing lavender hedge. I am hoping they will grow and fill up some holes opening up in the hedge; the oldest section of the hedge is almost twenty years old and is becoming very sparse. This was made worse by the very hot, dry summer we had this year. I forgot to take a photo today, and will be working tomorrow, so I will post pictures later. 

I took a break for a couple of hours and indulged in tea and a book. I am currently reading Gail Carringer's third book of her Parasol Protectorate series: Blameless. I am enjoying her tongue-in-cheek writing style. I am adoring the characters and am minded to make some costumes. I was inspired, early this year, to make a t-shirt based on these books, which can be found on Redbubble.


By evening, I was itching to create something else so I decided to extend the Octoarm range and try some jewelry (my daughter was asking for some). I did my first attempt at some necklace pendants and a bracelet. What do you think?


So far I have a bracelet (I am planning on making one that wraps around the arm), a large and small Amulet with adjustable straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment