(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Exhaustion

Yesterday our household played host to, not only a kids girly birthday party but also the added bonus of a girly sleepover. I am soooo exhausted now.

It was a typical tweens party; There was sugar, sugar and more sugar. There was party pies and sausage rolls, chocolate, more chocolate, chips, buscuits, pizza and more, you guessed it - sugar! Dip with cheese and carrot sticks was the concession to some sort of normality.

There was much squeeing, squealing, gossiping and giggling. Who would have guessed that pass the parcel still elicits excited jumping up and down of nearly teenagers? Go figure. Of course, what sleepover is complete without movies, painting of the fingernails, temporary tattoos and ...
more sugar! (and popcorn).

Finally they sleep! Thank goodness. So now I can get some too.
...
but I didn't get much. Between the 'She's not gone to sleep yet." and the cat having another hissing fit, I got very little sleep. Do cats have nightmares? I wonder. She is still our friend and wants hugs and patting but will not go near one side of the bed (where the hysterics all began). I had to sleep in an awkward position, last night (and am paying for it with back and shoulder pain today) but when I tried to move the cat near that side of the bed, off she went again. She looked terrified! Poor thing. Poor me. I am a walking zombie today. 

I am not expecting much improvement to the day; we are off to a memorial later today. Hence I don't see myself doing much writing today. 

My long weekend can only improve tomorrow. I hope.
Hope you all have a good day. 

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." (Martin Luther King Jr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment