(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Monday, July 22, 2013

Wrenched.

I just can’t concentrate to write today. I have vague ideas running around in my brain but it will not let the words string together in any form. There are too many things happening in real life today and I am not well. I have possible flu and my migraine has returned… It looks like the 1500 words per day will be read ones, not written ones today.


As far as the fourth short story for this month,  this may not happen unless the muse hits me with a vengeance and I can get it completed (and polished) in two days.  However, unless I can get a good story and polished prose, I won’t enter it into the competition.  C’est la vie.


This week I have been reminded how precious friends are and how heart-wrenching it is when confronted with the reality that sometimes there is nothing we can do to help them. I have seen peace and acceptance in the face of an unchangeable fate. I have seen love and friendship poured out from so many. This puts things in perspective. If I don’t get the story done, it is inconsequential in the full scheme of life. There are more important things to be concerned with.


For all my dear readers, go and hug your loved ones. Tell them how much you love them. Spend quality time with them, and treasure it. We never know how long we have with them.




Wrenched.

No comments:

Post a Comment